Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tampa Wedding Photography: What makes us different and unique

One of the things I hear over and over again from clients is how my style of Tampa wedding photography is somehow "different" from other photographers. That's the word they always use: "Different".


If they were using that word to describe my personality or looks, I'd have a complex by now:-)


But in all seriousness, I really take that as a compliment. In a competitive market filled with hundreds of Tampa wedding photographers, it's nice to be singled out as being "different" by clients, especially when it's my creative work they're talking about.


A lot of it has to do with the photo-journalistic style of photography I use to shoot weddings. Here are some examples:




There's a bit of a story behind this first one. Kelsey (the bride) and Herald came all the way down to Tampa from Eagan, Minnesota with their family and friends to get married on the beach. Unfortunately, Mother Nature was not invited.

After a three-hour rain delay on Indian Rocks Beach, the weather finally cleared and I caught this candid shot of Kelsey making her final preparations. The look on her face says it all... everything was going to be OK, and she looked beautiful.



While Kelsey was inside getting ready, Herald took advantage of the break in the weather to go outside, loosen up, and toss the football around with his groomsmen. This unposed shot really captured the essence of the fun they were having.



This next one is from Kathy and Larry's wedding on Clearwater Beach. Larry brought along his own camera to take a picture of his bride as she approached him for their beach ceremony. I got plenty of shots of her, too... but couldn't resist snapping this one. It was a classic moment:-)



After their ceremony, Kathy and Larry took a walk down the beach together to celebrate their new life together, which gave me an opportunity to capture this moment. I don't think they even realized I was there. Again, the benefit of shooting candid, unposed images.



This is one of my favorites. Kristen (the bride) was in her hotel room making her final preparations. but running a little late. Her daughter was on the phone letting the rest of the wedding party know. Truly, a classic moment.



Minutes later, they arrived at the Clearwater Beach Recreation Center for the ceremony... in a bit of a rush:-)

Of course, I always take time to capture the more traditional images at each wedding I photograph, and you can see plenty of them on the Image Galleries page of our Tampa wedding photography website. But it's pictures like these that are often the most memorable, and "different".

No comments:

Post a Comment